Jamie and I went to a shower on Wednesday night. It was a shower for five couples from the Church (some of whom had recently had their baby). What made this shower unique was it was a white elephant party (however, the gifts were actually gifts people would want).
At first, I honestly did not think it was going to work (I mean, who is actually, going to steal a present from a mom-to-be?); I was right for the first part of the night. However, after a couple of rounds of opening presents, one of the couples "stole" something from Jamie and I (Baby Einstein Blocks - see above). Of course once they stole Nathan's gift, I wanted the blocks right back (no matter if Nathan would actually play with them or not). So, when our turn came back around, we "stole" the blocks right back (now they had been stolen twice and no one could take them from us).
From then on, other couples began to steal items from others. As the night continued, Jamie and I lost some good items, but we stole some good items from other couples as well. Overall, we had a lot of fun and got a lot of items we needed (hopefully, they are items that Nathan will like, too).
No comments:
Post a Comment